I never have time to cook or should I say that cooking is not my forte. I do like making salades and I found some lovely combinations that I want to share. I am loosing weight at the moment and I try to eat healthy but also yummy. I want to eat things that taste good. And this is my current favorite Healthy Salade has the best topping. What might seem as a simple thing, has a few added things that make it special and healthy. Also what I want to mention is that it is not really expensive and you only need a few ingredients. So if you want to know what I added to the salade you see above, keep on reading! Also a big shout out to my new camera because it takes pretty pictures!
- Wasabi paste
- Pink Himalaya salt
- Lemon juice
Pink Himalaya salt
I added the pink Himalaya salt to the cucumber. Pink Himalaya salt is high in Iodine also the health benifits are said to be:
- Create an electrolyte balance
- Increases hydration
- Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
- Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
- Prevent muscle cramping
- Aid in proper metabolism functioning
- Strengthen bones
- Lower blood pressure
- Help the intestines absorb nutrients
- Prevent goiters
- Improve circulation
- Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
Lemon juice I squeezed over the lettuce and it gives it a nice taste, something really fresh. The health benefits are:
- Prevent kidney stones
- Aids in digestion
- Support weight loss
- Balance pH
The wasabi paste is also healthy. I used it on my salade and egg, it gave it an extra punch.
- Wasabi prevents food poisoning
- is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Wasabi is great for your circulation
- Wasabi fights colds and allergies
So all in all a lovely and healthy salade. Do do not need to buy a load of things and Wasabi paste and the pink salt are things that are always usefull. I add them to fries or just spice or salt up food.